Most people see their car as their pride and joy. It is often a place that you can upgrade to what you want. One way that you can upgrade your car's interior is through seat covers. There are many different types of seat covers out there and reasons for why you will want to have these. If you are going to get these covers then it is important that you know how to properly install them.
Why would you want car seat covers?
The first thing you may be wondering is why you would want to get car seat covers. There are many reasons for why people get covers instead of simply changing their seats. One reason is that covers can be changed easily if you ever get tired of the colour. Maybe you want to upgrade the drab interior of your car to something a bit more to your liking. Maybe you have noticed that your car seats are not looking that good and want to cover them up. These are just a few of the reasons why people look into buying car seat covers.
What seat covers should you get?
Once you have decided to get seat covers you may be faced with a problem. There are a large number of types to choose from. There are some things you need to remember when you browse the selections. The most important is what will fit your car. Most covers will tell you which cars they will fit so check that before you buy anything. You also need to think about the colour and material you want the covers to be. The materials range from synthetic materials to sheepskin.
How to properly install car seat covers
Once you have your car seat covers it is important that you install them correctly. Incorrectly installed covers can cause problems when you sit on them, and they can be damaged which mean you have to spend more money.
* The first step to installing covers is to remove the headrest of your seat. In order to do this you need to pull the headrest all the way up and when it stops pull again to get it completely off.
* Now you will need to tilt the seat forward so that you can reach the back. Certain seats will need to be tilted further forward than others.
* You will now be able to position the cover over the seat. Once in position you can pull the cover down. It is best to note that this may be hard at times because of the tight fit of the cover over the seat.
* Once the cover is over the top of the seat you need to pull it over the bottom. This may require you to stretch the cover a bit.
* Your cover will probably come with hooks which should be used at this point to secure the cover to the seat.
* You may have to cut to small slits on the top of the seat cover so that the headrest can be fitted back. Some covers do come with these holes already made.
If you do not properly install car seat covers they will not give your car interior the look you are going for. Loose covers will cause wrinkles in the cover that do not look good at all.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!